DANCE TEACHER NEEDED:
Ballet n all that Jazz is looking for a teacher for our LD Division (Learn Dance, Love Dance!). This is our recreational stream with a focus on learning and enjoying dance without the pressures of exams or competitions, while maintaining a focus on building basic technical skills. Dancers routinely transition from our LD Division transition into our Performance stream classes and go on to complete high levels exams and become strong competitive dancers and, therefore, must be provided with sound technical education within LD Division classes.
Must be 16 years or older (18+ preferred)
Demonstrates strong foundational knowledge in the following disciplines:
- Hip Hop
- A strong foundation in ballet is considered an asset; Ballet n All That Jazz places a high value on the foundational skills that ballet instruction provides
Positive and friendly demeanour
Encouraging and positive attitude
Values the benefits of dance that extend beyond the learning of dance skills and steps to everyday life
Works well with a team of instructors and staff
RequirementsDuties will include:
- Teach three (3) 45-minute classes per week, Thursday nights, ages 6-14yearsTo Apply
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans (written lesson plans may be requested by studio director, periodically; Advanced notice will be provided).
- Prepare a group routine for each class to be performed at our year-end show
- Meet deadlines with regard to costume choices, providing music to the studio director, etc.
- Choose appropriate music and costuming for the groups and dances for year-end show
- Conducting oneself in a professional and ethical manner during all studio events
- Answering parent questions in a professional manner as well as other minor administrative duties related to classes taught
- Attending studio meetings and studio events such as our Grand Opening day, Dress Rehearsal and Recital
- Participating in teacher training and supervision, when required
- Adhering to teacher dress code
- Arrive a minimum 15 minutes prior to classes to set up music
- Contribute to studio cleanliness by completing minor tidying and upkeep on teaching days (eg, emptying full trash cans, tidying studio room at the end of the night)
Dance teacher will be hired as an Independent Contractor. Compensation will be determined based on level of teaching experience.
Application deadline: July 21st, 2017
Send Resume with Subject heading "Dance Teacher Position" to email@example.com
You will receive an email to confirm that your resume has been received.
We look forward to hearing from you!